The Golden Eagles women's basketball squad heads to Spring Arbor Friday for a non-conference match against the Spring Arbor Cougars. Game is set for 7 p.m. Cornerstone will enter Friday night's contest after a 49-37 win against Rochester College on Tuesday. With the win, the Golden Eagles improve to 2-1 overall and notched their first win at Mol Arena for head coach Katie Mattera. Spring Arbor will enter the contest with an undefeated record, 2-0.
Spring Arbor At A Glance
The Spring Arbor Cougars are coming off a dominant performance against Lourdes University on Tuesday night. Freshman Carlie Newman led Spring Arbor with 19 points. Newman went 7-14 from the floor and 5-6 from the free throw line also notching nine rebounds. The Cougars will look to continue their undefeated season when they host Cornerstone.
Both Cornerstone and Spring Arbor have faced Rochester College during the early 2012-2013 campaign. Cornerstone finished the night against Rochester with a 49-37 win while Spring Arbor defeated Rochester in overtime fashion, 68-63. Robyn Veltkamp led the Golden Eagles against Rochester with 15 points while Newman led all scorers for the Cougars with 16 points.
- Cornerstone advances to 2-1 overall after Tuesday night's win against Rochester College
- Red-Shirt senior Robyn Veltkamp tallied a career-high 30 points last weekend in the Sleep Inn Classic
- The Golden Eagles have outscored their opponents this season 198-183
- The women's squad currently ranks 14th in Div. II NAIA for Field Goal Pct Defense (31.9%)
- Veltkamp leads the team with 53 points this season while averaging 17.67 PPG
- Senior Kayleigh Hammond leads the team with 14 total rebounds during the season while averaging 7 RPG
- The assist leader belongs to Katelyn Cousins, dishing out 11 total assists
The Cornerstone women's basketball team will continue their road streak when they take on Indiana Wesleyan University on Tuesday. Game time at Indiana Wesleyan is slated for 7 p.m.