- Mens Sports
- Womens Sports
- Athletics Links
- News Archive
- Tournament Central
After graduating from Grand Rapids Baptist Academy (now Northpointe Christian High School), Katie Feenstra starred at Liberty University for four years - earning All-American honors and setting school records for blocks and field goal percentage. She led the Flames to the Sweet Sixteen of the 2005 NCAA Women's Basketball tournament before being selected in the first round of the the 2005 WNBA draft. She made the WNBA All-Rookie team and played with four WNBA teams including the Detroit Shock in 2007. Most recently, she completed her pro career in China.
"I have had the privilege of being a player under some of the best coaches in women's basketball during the past few years," said Mattera. "I am thrilled to be bringing my professional experience and knowledge to Cornerstone and look forward to this challenge."
Mattera inherits three returning starters, nine letter winners and five new recruits from last year's Cornerstone team that finished 18-13 overall and 11-7 in the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference. Fles retired as the CU's all-time winning coach and never had a losing season during her tenure.
"Cornerstone offers a fabulous opportunity for me with the incredible program that has been built by Coach Fles," added Mattera. "Best of all, it gives me the opportunity to both mentor and train young student-athletes. I am so excited to use the experiences that God has blessed me with in my career to benefit others.
Katie Feenstra's collegiate and professional playing record
- 2011-12 : playing with Zhejiang (China Pro League)
- 2010-11 : played with Henan Yuguang (China Pro League)
- 2009-10 : played with Henan Yuguang (China Pro League)
- 2009 : played with San Antonio (WNBA)
- 2008 : played with Atlanta (WNBA) - Stats : 14 mpg + 3.9 rpg + 6.7 ppg
- 2007 : played with Detroit (WNBA) - Stats : 13.1 mpg + 4.9 rpg + 5.2 ppg
- 2006 : played with San Antonio (WNBA) - Stats : 18.7 mpg + 6.2 rpg + 7.8 ppg
- 2005 : played with San Antonio (WNBA) - Stats : 19.8 mpg + 5.2 rpg + 8.8 ppg